Project Kinship provides services to address the needs of the reentry population. Services include both direct service and capacity training for systems and community agencies.
Project Kinship’s staff provides emotional support and advocacy as they assist individuals through the stages of re-entry and system network of care.
A strong emphasis is centered on promoting system care access, individual and family driven case management services, short-term individual and group counseling services, group educational/skills classes, and short-term group support services, program participants are provided with supports that help develop the coping skills that to lead meaningful and productive lives.
Technical assistance and education is provided through consulting, facilitation, conferences and research, Project Kinship supports the development and dissemination of best practices.
• Tri-County Reentry Collaborative Partnership
(Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County)
• Annual County Wide Public Safety and Gang Conferences
• Trainings: Gang Intervention, Trauma Informed Care, Restorative Justice, Health and Wellness, Outreach
• Community Intervention Worker Certificate Program
(In partnership with the University of Southern California)
• Capacity Building/Network of Reentry Provider Coalition
Through outreach and engagement, Project Kinship reaches the re-entry population in schools, neighborhoods, and partnering agencies and connects them to the appropriate services within the community.
• Street Outreach
• Agency Outreach
• Community Outreach
Through direct services, Project Kinship meets people where they are, providing counseling, case management and other support services to assist in successful reentry into the community.
• Mental Health Services
• Intensive Case Management
• Legal Clinic (Coming Soon)
• Family Support Services
• Health & Well Being Programming
• Support & Recovery Groups
• Tattoo Removal (Coming Soon)
• Workforce Development
Project Kinship provides opportunities for students and community members interested working in the field of social work, forensics, criminal justice and community services among the reentry population.
• MSW Internship (Clinical and COPA)
• Community Based Volunteer Opportunities